DX  » Community » Reviews » Camera Lens Hood for Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM-Model: EW-78E
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
nastitude – Camera Lens Hood for Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM-Model: EW-78E Reviews

posted by lazyslacker on 12/27/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
This shaped plastic deftly performs its intended purpose with gusto and daring. It adequately shields my 15-85mm from the beating rays of the sun, ever present and threatening to reduce the contrast of my image to horrific levels, all the while and simultaneously producing obscene levels of lens flare. The flat black plastic bayonet style of this lens hood works overtime to thwart the onslaught of photonic horror emanating from our local star.
Cons:
The fit is a little loose, but it works well enough and I don't think it will fall off. It's not a genuine Canon product but for this kind of thing, you really don't need genuine. There's no glass or anything that light is passing through. It's just a simple shade.
Other:
Great price.
Bottomline:
If you have this lens, there's no reason for you to buy the genuine Canon product. This will work just as well.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections