DX  » Community » Reviews » 1.8" LCD Car MP3/MP4 Player FM Transmitter with Remote Controller - Red (SD/MMC/Mini USB)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
Nice player, a few problems – 1.8" LCD Car MP3/MP4 Player FM Transmitter with Remote Controller - Red (SD/MMC/Mini USB) Reviews

posted by WibbleBoy on 02/09/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Good sound quality. Clear screen (if a little small). 16GB SD Support Folder support.
Cons:
No random function SD Card sticks out of the bottom 2cm Very slow text speed. Mine had a faulty button
Other:
If you want to play music in sequence, this is excellent. You can select either a folder or all tracks and then skip forward and back, but there is no random or shuffle support. I worked around this by writing a "scramble" application for the PC which grabbed music in a random order and copied it to the SD card. Screen is clear and shows the track name, but the text scrolls so slow that it takes over 30 seconds to scroll 10 characters, the song usually finishes before is reaches the end of most filenames. Mine has a faulty "back" button (remote works fine) so I've had to raise an RMA.
Bottomline:
Cheap and works well, but the lack of random play is a big minus, and I would have preferred either the SD card to fully insert, or maybe support for MicroSD TF cards.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections