View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Great for scavenging (and even measuring) – YX-1000A Mini Multimeter - Black + White Reviews

posted by Pavouk106 on 07/22/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
I use it to measure low DC voltage nad DC current and it does the job well (even comparing it to Pro'sKit digital multimeter) * Great to measure running circuit voltage and current (on low voltage electronics, like Arduino etc.) * Great for scavenging the analog meter, because these are pretty expensive here, so it can be disassembled and used in various DIY.
Cons:
Measuring resistance is not that good, maybe because I have the battery inside for very long time... Doesn't matter, I don't use it for resistance measuring * Probes are not that good, I certainly wouldn't use this to measure more than 50V, I would be afraid of getting shocked.
Other:
You don't suppose it to be of great quality, do you? But it does the job well and it could always be disassembled and reused elsewhere (like DIY laboratory power supply, sound amplifier, etc.)
Bottomline:
Great analog meter for great price, definitely worth of buying, I would buy more of these and my friends too.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections