DX  » Community » Reviews » 12V LED Strip (30-LED 50cm White)
Sort by:
24 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:7117 (71%)
  • 4 Star:297 (29%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    attractive

posted by vldxacc on 07/04/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    It looks great. The LEDs stick out from a nice looking opaque white bar that is fairly rigid, not flexible like the description says. You could probably curve it just a little. It should be moisture resistant but I don't know about waterproof. The wires are...
    Cons:
    The ends are finished with crudely cut bits of plastic glued on. The lack of built in resistors is inconvenient.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    This is a good buy!

posted by fnurkla on 01/14/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    - Low power consumption - Clear white light (not blue tinted) - Protective plastic cover around the led strip/board - Doesn't get warm - Good build quality - Small in size vs. the light it emits - Excellent for DIY projects - The connection for the wires is...
    Cons:
    None. It worked just as described. Could had an other type of connection for the wires. But it would probably make the product ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Awesome!

posted by RobertFoek on 11/04/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Very cheap led strip. What made me buy it is that it is water proof. The build quality was good. The leds are all covered in some substance that looks like hot glue. I was amazed of the lighting power. It is now actually too bright for my fish tank.
    Cons:
    There are actually no cons I can think of really. One thing I did was to cut the connectors of the strip to connect a wall wart...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great value!

posted by wilber on 06/19/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Works as advertised on the tin. Works very well for the purpose I had intended; as lighting on the self above my garage workbench.
    Cons:
    No mention of which wire is which, as mentioned in other reviews. Grey = +12v White = -12v I've not measured current draw. As ...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cool white light.

posted by ojgolan on 04/28/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Very bright. I thought I will use it for my TV to light the back end, but I use it as a light for a window because its brighter then I thought it would be. Very nice built and works great. Stays cool.
    Cons:
    Connectors were not that easy, since I don't know much about electricity. But I got a power adapter here on DX sku.15991, cut t...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nightlight or workbench additional lighting

posted by NielV on 04/23/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Nice (mostly) sealed construction, suitable for use in kitchen to improve illumination of bench. Also nice low profile. There is a connecter at each end for linking. Wires are soft like silicone or other high temperature (safe) wire.
    Cons:
    This is a 2W lamp. If I knew that I would not have bought it as I need more for lighting a kitchen workbench. But it is suffi...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Fantasic Lighting Strip

posted by JAAMS on 04/08/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Great LED lighting. Very sturdy lighting strip with many different uses. Gives off a very clean bright white light. I purchased it for lighting up my camp site when I go camping, which it manages very well. Much better than what I was ever expecting. Very l...
    Cons:
    Besides the white & grey coloured wire I really cannot fault this product.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great buy!

posted by brewboy on 12/20/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This unit is very good. Well priced, rigid and rugged. Very good bright 'Cool White' light output. The LEDs are epoxied into the bar so they are sealed off which makes them very good for use around moisture and steam.
    Cons:
    Not sure what country uses Grey & White for a DC wiring standard, but in Australia Red & Black is the standard, which just mean...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    It iluminates my trunk very well

posted by nobutora on 12/13/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    My car has a 407 liter trunk and the LED strip iluminates it perfectly. It's easy to install and it has connector in both sides so you can connect several strips in series. Mi coche tiene un maletero de 407 litros y la tira de LED lo ilumina perfectamente....
    Cons:
    The strip wasn't straight so I had to use a strong glue to stick it. La tira no estaba totalmente recta así que tuve que usar ...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    12V LED strip

posted by schmooot on 10/15/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Bought these to use instead of bulbs underneath taxi-cab toplights. They work nicely and light up the toplight quite well even in the daytime.
    Cons:
    It would be nice if the wires were color coded. It isn't a huge deal but a nuisance when you have to test to see if you have t...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections