DX  » Community » Reviews » 1.4" LCD Non Contact Digital InfraRed Thermometer with Laser Sight (-42'C~380'C)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Nice buy - good surprise! – 1.4" LCD Non Contact Digital InfraRed Thermometer with Laser Sight (-42'C~380'C) Reviews

posted by meganote on 11/14/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Very accurate Digital Infrared Thermometer.
Easy to use, just point, pull the trigger and read the measuring.
It feels very resistant.
The laser is pretty strong.
You can turn laser and lights off to save battery.
Very quick response time.
Cons:
I like red a lot, mine came yellow, but that's note really a con. ;)
It's better used close to the object you're monitoring or you can get wrong results. Doesn't need to be very close, but also not too far, up to 40 cm for small areas and 100 to 140 cm when measuring larger areas. But I think the professional ones, much more expensive, have the same problem.
Other:
I use it mostly to monitor temperature variations when diagnosing electronic projects faults and since it's very accurate and has a fast response it is helping me a lot.
Press the trigger once to turn it on, press and keep pressing while you measure, use the min/max mode to help you monitor the temperature.
Bottomline:
I saw many Digital Infrared Thermometers in DX and tried to choose the best one for my needs among the cheapest. This buy ended being a surprise since the product has very high quality. One of my main concerns is that it does not have a on/off switch/button but this is not a problem since it turns itself off in just a few seconds after the measuring, thus saving battery power.
Also the included battery is very good and fully charged.
If you need a cheap and yet very good Digital Infrared Thermometer, buy this one.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections