DX  » Community » Reviews » Professional Lightweight Universal Retractable Tripod for SLR/Digital Camera (143CM-Full Length)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 4
Good value – Professional Lightweight Universal Retractable Tripod for SLR/Digital Camera (155CM-Full Length) Reviews

posted by shawnsavio on 08/31/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
- Relatively lightweight - locking mechanism for the legs is easy to operate - good height (I'm 5'11 and the camera viewfinder is almost at eye level when the tripod is fully extended) - hook for extra weight - quite inexpensive for a ball head tripod.
Cons:
- not sure about the longevity of the 'twist to lock/unlock' mechanism on the individual tripod leg sections. - build quality is slightly below average
Other:
Overall I would say this is good value for money. Hoping that it would have been a bit lighter, but this is definitely not a dealbreaker. Would have been nice to have the level on the ballhead mount rather than on the body.
Bottomline:
Given the price, I dont see how you could go wrong. Have not done a trip with this tripod yet, so cannot comment on how easy it is to travel with.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections