DX  » Community » Reviews » High Temperature Tape (20mm 200-C)
Sort by:
7 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:715 (71%)
  • 4 Star:292 (29%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    a tape any electronics enthusiast must have

posted by GiorgF on 03/22/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Tape is perfeclty made. Surface finish is very good and glue is also very good. Could stand high heat for a lot of time without damage. Ultra usefull when soldering or doing smd reflow or drag soldering to mask the unwanted pads.
    Cons:
    None. it's perfect as it is.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    It's definitely kapton

posted by merseyless on 09/16/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    This roll goes on forever, I have used about 3 or 4 meters of the stuff and haven't noticed a change in the thickness of the roll. It's kapton so it is highly thermally and electrically insulative (including protection against corona discharge) and provides...
    Cons:
    None. Yhough some may find that the adhesive is lacking. If your using it for it's adhesive properties, your doing it wrong.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    High Temp Tape

posted by stihl88 on 05/10/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Fantastic product to keep around the workshop. You can use this stuff for solder masking if you like because of the temperature rating it can handle the heat distributed from your soldering iron. I also use it to wrap up my Lipo Battery cells after ive made...
    Cons:
    No cons for this product, the price could perhaps be a tad lower but i'm happy with what i paid for it and would purchase it ag...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good heat resistent tape

posted by osen87 on 04/28/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Very good for my needs. I have used it to seal the gaps around the shroud/heatsinks in my Xbox 360. Normal tape can't take the heat but this can. It's very thin so even if it doesn't look to be very much on the roll, in reality it is a lot of tape.
    Cons:
    The adhesive isn't the best, it doesn't stick very good, still enough but could be better I guess. You have to be careful not t...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Takes a heating and keeps on sticking

posted by desolder on 09/24/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This is the widest kapton tape which DX sells. It is excellent for insulating all sorts of stuff, and can even serve as a heatsink isolator for power transistors. It's very tough and can take a lot of abuse before breaking. And naturally it's very heat resi...
    Cons:
    The adhesive isn't very sticky. If you get finger oils on it, it loses it's stickyness quickly.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Woah!

posted by aceofspades on 06/06/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    -Huge thing of tape -Amazing quality -Nicely packaged (well the tape itself I mean :P) -Really thin (in a good way...like a chick :P) -Really strong -It's Kapton tape! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kapton
    Cons:
    -Um that I didn't have it when I built my computer :P -Note: I'm not sure if its electrically conductive. I would use electrica...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Its sticky!

posted by scoobth on 03/05/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    =================================== - Heat resistant - Strong Tape - Sticky that holds even when heated ===================================
    Cons:
    - Colour is a pale yellow orange, and dosnt look the nicest in the functions i use it for.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections