DX  » Community » Reviews » Translucent AAA-to-AA Type Battery Converter Cases (4-Case)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Exellent for getting rid of AAA's – Translucent AAA-to-AA Type Battery Converter Cases (4-Case) Reviews

posted by McAllan on 05/30/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Does what is promises. Easily use an AAA battery in most devices otherwise taking an AAA. Do however take reduced capacity and power capability into account. So don't expect to use them in a digital camera. I don't consider this a con as it's a physical barrier and not a design flaw. For cordless mouses, keyboards, remotes and the like it's however *perfect*
Cons:
It seems to be a little longer than a regular AA which may be a problem in some devices. However I believe in most devises this will not be a problem.
Other:
Might also be perfect for clocks. Especially my more expensive clocks I replace the batteries more often than needed to avoid a leaking battery destroying it (many people fail here I can see when looking at flea markets etc.). With an AAA it's emptied fast enough to not risk leaking while still having enough power to drive the clock and the adapter can hold in small amounts of leaking should it happen anyway. Rather replace an AAA every 9 months than an AA every two years and risk the AA leaking.
Bottomline:
Especially useful if you like me for some reason always seems to gather endless amounts of AAA while your cordless mouse etc. all takes AA.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections