Sort by:
5 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:402 (40%)
  • 4 Star:603 (60%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Could be better

posted by Zanga2 on 10/23/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It heats very fast, has great thermal mass / can be used on high gauge copper wires and PCB transformers. It also i very useful when doing repairs on the move. Independent from the electrical grid. Cheap to use.
    Cons:
    The catalyst from the tip come with some faults. It was bent and and also not fitted well, also all the gas pores where filled ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    a must have tool

posted by GiorgF on 03/22/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    The overall quality is good and it feels solid. the two tips are also well made. Main switch is sturdy and also the "power" regulator works fine but you will have some unpredictable fluctuation in the gas flow. Makes soldering very easy and fast.
    Cons:
    Refill port seems non standard, you will need to adapt some other recharging tip.
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Not so good

posted by GLUSHCHENKO on 01/15/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Low price, accurate production, qualitative materials of the case and sting. Convenient elements of management. Good heating, convenient functions. Can work as a torch and as a soldering iron. Very nice standing.
    Cons:
    The lighter for gas firing is required. It isn't so convenient. Non-standard any nipple in a nest of accession of a gas cylinde...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    I really wish it had a built in lighter

posted by IgalY on 09/30/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Almost perfect item. good grip, good temperature, good set of functionality (both torch and soldering iron).
    Cons:
    I wish it had 2 additional things: 1. Integrated lighter, my other propane soldering iron has it and it's great, this one needs...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap but...

posted by ktransalp on 09/27/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Very powerful (it gets hot very fast) Strong It's a good point to have these both points, one for soldering and another for burning or heating things.
    Cons:
    The big con is that if I charge it with gas I only can use it for 1 or 2 days, if I try to use it after that it's empty of gas,...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections