Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month
* decent build quality
* somehow it works !?!
* tested ok on Vista x64 (Windows own driver and CD provided driver), Win XP SP3 (Windows own driver) and Linux Fedora Core 9 Sulphur
* first you rotate the knob to obtain clarity,
* zoom button to software zoom 4 steps
* not 2.0MP!!! but only 0.3 MP
* on package box - "Up to 2.0MP"! True! 300kP!!!
* not 1600x1200, but only VGA 640x480 resolution
* 1600x1200 resolution achieved only by software scaling using the driver provided in the CD
I knew that 1.3 MP were in fact 300 kP cameras software scalled. I hoped that the 2.0 MP camera to be at least 1.3! False! 300 kP!!! Payed 10$ extra for noting!
Even if they would put a 2.0 MP sensor, no image improvement would be noticed, due to build and lens quality. It would be impossible to focus it with this gross adjustment they provide.
Don't throw away your money! Buy the cheapest! It will do the job just fine!
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.