DX  » Community » Reviews » Portable MP3 Music Speaker with FM Radio/TF Slot - Silver
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Great Sound, minor improvements possible – Portable MP3 Music Speaker with FM Radio/TF Slot - Silver Reviews

posted by Checka on 04/28/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
This Device was ordered "blind", without any review for this gadget i just ordered it by reading the features list.
But when it finally arrived my first thought was: how beautiful and shiny it looks...yeah!
It is made by real aluminium, exept the casing of the speakers which is made by plastic.
I first tried the radio, which can't used very accurate because of the lack of a display, but you can use it still with some knowledge of the buttons: a longer press on the fast forward or rewind button causes a scan for stations. It is very impressive how sensitive the radio tuner receives even stations far away...
The two speakers are quite well balanced, the bass output is not that "heavy" but who expects this ...at 2 inch?
It is very loud at the maximum level.
The microSD Slot is very useful i use it to play mp3 files, which is sometimes hard, because you dont see the file or folder played. I will find out later how they are played (chronologigal, be file layout on card or alphabetical)
The best thing is, that you can use BL-C5 or 6 LiIon akkumulators in the stand of the device to make it even more portable) this needs to be in the description i think...i opened the device and checked it: the battery hole (in the bottom) is connected to the mainboard...
Cons:
- you get some dirstortion like sound on very low sound levels (the first 2 -3, which is not quite loud)
The recharge of the device is poorly controlled by just a red LED, which tells you there is some charging current...but it never stops, so you have to rely on the battery on security circuits which might stop overcharging ...or not...
I wish they would solve this charging problem better
Other:
Great Deal even though here on deal-extreme there are hot competitors, i love the metal of "my" peronal mobile player
Bottomline:
Buy more than just one, its great as a gift and for some purposes like kids in a tent...

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections