DX  » Community » Reviews » MR16 3W 174LM High Power White 3-LED Bulb (12V)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
EXCELLENT BUY - REPLACES 20W HALOGEN – MR16 3W 210-240LM High Power White 3-LED Bulb (12V) Reviews

posted by turnercr on 07/10/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
I bought 4 of these for my study/spare bedroom. Seems well constructed with no obvious flaws. Nice and bright - good replacement for 20W halogen. Go straight in to the existing fittings with no problems. Just switch on. They run cool. Excellent value for money and free shipping too!
Cons:
Not anything obvious. Perhaps the cool white color is a little colder than I would choose but this does not detract from their utility.
Other:
The cool white color is useful in a study etc but I wouldn't want it in my lounge, even though I live near Durban, South Africa which enjoys a nice warm climate. My whole house, which I bought about 6 months ago, is fitted with MR16 12V downlighters so I am experimenting with different types. I have ordered 4 off 5W warm white LEDs from DX for the lounge. DX seems a clued up and customer friendly supplier which are easy to use and have really good prices.
Bottomline:
If you want a bright, general cool white light globe, then buy this. You won't get a better deal anywhere if you don't live in Hong Kong or mainland China.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections