DX  » Community » Reviews » CREE XM-LT6 5-Mode 6700K 450-Lumen Drop-in Module with Textured Reflector
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 1
  • Price: 3
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 1
Waste of money – CREE XM-LT6 5-Mode 6700K 450-Lumen Smooth Aluminum Drop-in Module with Textured Reflector Reviews

posted by fsfsfsdfdrte on 01/24/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Cree XML-T6
Cons:
The LED is not centered well. Its almost impossible to center the LED manually, because the LED pad is firmly glued in. The LED driver has no current regulation at all.
Other:
Driver is built on the base of PIC12F629. I had posted photo of the board, the circuit is easy to understand. There is no current regulation at all - this is simple direct drive at "high", and just a PWM on mid/low. If you have very strong unregulated 18650 batteries and very good electric contacts in the flashlight, it may be possible that the LED or driver will be fried due to overcurrent. I will not post current measurements, because it is strongly depends of battery type, charge, and other. Surprisingly, using the same battery, the SKU.42972 (based on Cree XP-G) paired with SKU.7612 (linear LED driver) is the same or even more bright than this Cree XML-T6 drop-in module.
Bottomline:
I am very disappointed if this module.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections