DX  » Community » Reviews » Brinyte XML-900 CREE XML-T6 5-Mode 6700K 900LM White LED Flashlight (2*18650)
Sort by:
9 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:565 (56%)
  • 4 Star:444 (44%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Bright and very solid

posted by juanjosan on 10/03/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Well built case, with strong anodized finish and precise construction. The body is correctlyl sealed with O-rings in all external joints. Body threads are also anodized. Inside has a 5-mode drop-in module that outputs a impressive amount of light in the hi...
    Cons:
    The drop-in has poor termal transfer to the body and will overheat when the light is on max brightness for more than 5 minutes...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good beamer, well built

posted by juanjosan on 07/28/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Very bright light, solid anodized aluminum body, powerful beam with a little yellow tint and a decent amount of spill in a cooler color. All joints have O-rings and mostly adequate greasing. There is a O-ring between the glass and the body, secured with th...
    Cons:
    - Thermal path from the led to the aluminum reflector is good, but maybe is not too great from the reflector to the exterior. I...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    For the Price, It's Good

posted by Rusdy on 06/04/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    - Very bright, as I expected (further comments on lumens output on 'Other Thoughts') - Build quality is OK, O-Ring seals throughout - 2 batteries means longer life. This is useful for me. I originally intend to use this for cycling in dark winter mornings. ...
    Cons:
    - 'High mode' only works for 5 minutes on room temperature, then the flashlight dims. My guess, the internal driver heat protec...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good price performance ratio.

posted by Kaynine on 04/12/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    • The light does use little energy compared to its brightness. I did not do a runtime test, but as far as I can tell it lasts quite long. • I like the color-temperature of the light, albeit being a bit bluish. • The build quality is quite decent, treads ...
    Cons:
    • Although being very bright, I don't think it is exactly 900LM out the front. • Thermal management is poor, you would need to...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cool Flashlight, can be hot too!

posted by JHM64 on 04/12/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    For just under $34 this is a real bargain. This is a very, very solidly built Flashlight which produces an impressive amount of very white light. All threads are nicely cut, with (mostly double) lubricated O-rings in every joint. Good beamer with with mo...
    Cons:
    Thermally this light is not very well laid out, which may cause it to overheat. However, you do not have to be a technical exp...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    "Cool" Flashlight with a tendency to overheat

posted by JHM64 on 04/08/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    For just under $34 this is a bargain. This is a very, very solidly built Flashlight which produces an impressive amount of light. All threads are nicely cut, with (mostly double) lubricated O-rings in every joint. Good beamer with with moderate spill. I ...
    Cons:
    Thermally this light is not very well laid out, causing a tendency to overheat. However, there is an easy way to alleviate thi...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Bright and Hot

posted by Fuzzel on 04/01/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    - It flashlight is bright as hell. I am comparing it to a Fenix LD20 and it is really good - Very sturdy casing. - seems to be water-resistant. I dropped it into a creek without problems - Strobe is good for riding a push-bike! You'll be seen.
    Cons:
    - It does overheat. After about 20 min in the brightest mode (Hi) it shuts down. After some time of cooling you can turn it on ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Super Bright light !! Much better than P7

posted by ChillyWilly on 03/14/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Wow !! Just received this light. What can I say, its pretty awsome !! Output is definitely brighter than my P7 mag moded diving light that I built a few years back. The lens seams very similar to the P7 OP lens but since the emiter is much smaller than the ...
    Cons:
    Not a big fan of 5 Mode, but at least its got memory !
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Impressive!

posted by valyau2002 on 03/09/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Wow, what can I say, I just received the torch today in the post and have just given it a go with some new 18650 batteries (SKU 20932) in it. It's very very bright, impressive power in such a small package. Although I haven't owned any other CREE lights I ...
    Cons:
    The only thing that annoys me about this torch is the 5 mode clicky switch.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections