Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month
• The light does use little energy compared to its brightness.
I did not do a runtime test, but as far as I can tell it lasts quite long.
• I like the color-temperature of the light, albeit being a bit bluish.
• The build quality is quite decent, treads are nice and smooth, and the light feels sturdy.
• And yes it is bright, I could distinguish the beam on high on the ground outside in the sun!
• The tail-cap switch is a backwards clicky(it goes on the moment you release it), that does match the interface.
• Although being very bright, I don't think it is exactly 900LM out the front.
• Thermal management is poor, you would need to address this to be able to run it on high for any extended period of time.
• You can see a strobe effect when the light is on low, and even a little on middle, likely due to the regulation.
• The tail-cap switch is a backwards clicky (it goes on the moment you release it), but it does match the interface.
• There is no rubber-sealing between the glass lens and the outer housing, at least not in the one I received, so it would not be watertight.
• It has only three brightness levels, the rest is just flicker modes.
• It would be nice if the flicker-modes were to be dropped, in favor for extra level(s).
It is a very nice flashlight, especially considering its price.
and I am for the most part contend with it.
I have put some thermal compound on the treads between the pill and the reflector.
I have put toothpaste between the reflector and the outer housing.
Take a look at the pictures for reference.
It is certainly not a perfect solution, and I will see if I can find a better solution.
But for the time being it does seem to work.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.