DX  » Community » Reviews » Brinyte XML-900 CREE XML-T6 5-Mode 6700K 900LM White LED Flashlight (2*18650)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Very good price performance ratio. – Brinyte XML-900 CREE XML-T6 5-Mode 6700K 900LM White LED Flashlight (2*18650) Reviews

posted by Kaynine on 04/12/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
• The light does use little energy compared to its brightness. I did not do a runtime test, but as far as I can tell it lasts quite long. • I like the color-temperature of the light, albeit being a bit bluish. • The build quality is quite decent, treads are nice and smooth, and the light feels sturdy. • And yes it is bright, I could distinguish the beam on high on the ground outside in the sun! • The tail-cap switch is a backwards clicky(it goes on the moment you release it), that does match the interface.
Cons:
• Although being very bright, I don't think it is exactly 900LM out the front. • Thermal management is poor, you would need to address this to be able to run it on high for any extended period of time. • You can see a strobe effect when the light is on low, and even a little on middle, likely due to the regulation. • The tail-cap switch is a backwards clicky (it goes on the moment you release it), but it does match the interface. • There is no rubber-sealing between the glass lens and the outer housing, at least not in the one I received, so it would not be watertight. • It has only three brightness levels, the rest is just flicker modes.
Other:
• It would be nice if the flicker-modes were to be dropped, in favor for extra level(s).
Bottomline:
It is a very nice flashlight, especially considering its price. and I am for the most part contend with it. I have put some thermal compound on the treads between the pill and the reflector. I have put toothpaste between the reflector and the outer housing. Take a look at the pictures for reference. It is certainly not a perfect solution, and I will see if I can find a better solution. But for the time being it does seem to work.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections