DX  » Community » Reviews » Brinyte XML-C8 CREE XML-T6 5-Mode 6700K 850LM White LED Flashlight with Strap (1*18650)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Really good light for night bike rides – Brinyte XML-C8 CREE XML-T6 5-Mode 6700K 850LM White LED Flashlight with Strap (1*18650) Reviews

posted by realscorp on 04/07/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
- BRIGHTNESS: 1. Maximum brightness. It is bright enough to ride MTB in night forest or fields with a high speed. 2. Medium brightness. I can ride night forest/fields with medium speed (15-25 km/h). Also it is perfect to ride on night city streets. 3. Low brightness. I use this brightness level rarely. Maybe only on night walks in forest park located near to my house. - BATTERY LIFE With a 2400mah battery on maximum brightness level it lives 1h 30min. I think it is good enough for such a bright flashlight. On medium level it lasts for about 4.5 hours. - BEAM I really likes the beam of this flashlight. Thanks to textured reflector the beam is wide and has a very good fill. You can see what happening on the road just under your front wheel. - CONSTRUCTION The construction of this flashlight is well. It's sturdy and strong. Some kind of water resistant - it takes several rains and a working in a snow without any problem.
Cons:
- Some problem in heat dissipation, it can get overheated on maximum brightness if has cooling like an air running on you when you riding a bike. - I don't need 2 flashing modes.
Other:
I do use it with #8274 mount and it fits perfect with normal-size handlebar. The flashlight driver switches to minimum brightness with blinking when battery runs out or LED gets overheated, I found it convenient.
Bottomline:
I've presented my Brinyte flashlight as a gift to my girlfriend's father so now I heading to buy another one to me. Very, very good flashlight for any applications. Best for cycling!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections