DX  » Community » Reviews » UltraFire WF-502B XM-LT6 5-Mode 510-Lumen Memory White LED Flashlight with Clip (1*18650)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Excellent value in P60 capable flashlight – UltraFire WF-502B XM-LT6 5-Mode 510-Lumen Memory White LED Flashlight with Clip (1*18650) Reviews

posted by PotentM1 on 11/23/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Excellent value. Sturdy build for the price. Good size - feels good in the hand. The clip is good for front pants pocket carry. Able to accept other P60 type drop in modules. Mode memory is nice, as I prefer to start in medium or low inside the house. PWM is used in medium or low modes, but the frequency of the PWM seems to be higher than some of my other flashlights. It isn't as noticeable until you point it at a moving ceiling fan.
Cons:
Switch protrudes slightly in the tail cap so that this light does not tail stand. Glass lens is not easily removed without tools. I wish the blinky modes could be hidden. I'd rather not have to cycle through them every time.
Other:
If you want to improve heat transfer, wrap the drop-in module tightly with some aluminum foil to improve contact with the flashlight body. I didn't find this necessary, but gives a little extra peace of mind if you want to use it on high mode for long periods of time. I also purchased the UV drop in SKU 16694 and it works well in this flashlight.
Bottomline:
One of the best lights for bang for the buck and for efficiency. The XM-L LED is not driven to the fullest extent, and is therefore operating in a more efficient regime. Should get long run times.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections