DX  » Community » Reviews » MCSaite USB Optical Mouse - Black (130CM-Cable)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
Good and light option for the price! – MCSaite USB Optical Mouse - Black (130CM-Cable) Reviews

posted by lcdsantos on 04/01/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
It´s a very light mouse, with a good rubber protection in both sides. It´s as three extra buttons. Two of them can be configured with this free software (http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm). The mouse is very very ergomic, has a big cabel (1.3m), and the cable has a good looking quality. It also has a low energy rate. As usual mice uses 100mA from the USB port. This one just uses 60mA. The scroll whell, when scrolling, is the most soft and confortable I ever used.
Cons:
It comes with no software to configure the extra buttons. Fortunatelly a good DealExtreme user has provided us with a free one that recognized the #4 and the #5 buttons. But not the #6 yet. It has a week laser (probably due to the low 60mA energy) that needs a good mousepad to work well. I was using an OEM mouse by Dell directly on my office table, without a mousepad. I couldn´t do this with this one, and had to adopt a mouse pad. The scroll whell button is a little bit hard to press.
Other:
Bottomline:
Good option for a low cost mouse. If you have a good reflective mousepad, get it!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections