DX  » Community » Reviews » 2.4GHz Wireless 1200DPI Optical Mouse with USB Receiver - White + Silver (2*AAA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Good everyday mouse, great travel mouse. – 2.4GHz Wireless 1200DPI Optical Mouse with USB Receiver - White + Silver (2*AAA) Reviews

posted by arockler on 03/26/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
-Very attractive appearance -Good tracking for everyday usage -Drivers automatically install; it does have plug and play functionality without an issue. -Slot for USB receiver within battery door is useful for keeping it secure during travel. Good design.
Cons:
-Plastic feels a little light around the edges, but it only is a problem if you hold the mouse really tightly. -NEEDS a mousepad. I'm switching from a laser mouse, which works on most surfaces, but this needs a mousepad to track accurately (or at all, for that matter.) -Tracking isn't sufficiently accurate for heavy gaming. It seems to fail when you need it the most. -Buttons seem kind of loud (not really a big problem, though.) -It's very light. This may be a con for some people who like to feel like a mouse has more substance. I think I might try adding some weight inside and see how that works.
Other:
-It's very light. This may be a con for some people who like to feel like a mouse has more substance. I really don't mind, but I think I might try adding some weight inside and see how that works. -DPI switch works, though I haven't found a practical application for it, yet.
Bottomline:
As long as you're not doing any serious shooter games, this mouse should be fine for every day usage, and it fulfills that duty very well. Also, it's light design and slim profile, along with the compartment behind the battery door for the USB receiver, will make it an excellent travel mouse.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections