DX  » Community » Reviews » Presta Aluminum Alloy Bike Tire Valve Caps - Color Assorted (2-Pack)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Better Than The Cheap Plastic Covers!!!! – Presta Aluminum Alloy Bike Tire Valve Caps - Color Assorted (2-Pack) Reviews

posted by spicydorito on 07/26/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
- A much welcome replacement to the plastic covers that came with my bike. - Ordered two pairs, and was able to get a single pair of matching red ones. - Very light in weight - The covers screwed on very smoothly, the threads were pretty decent - No fear of these aluminum covers cracking like the original plastic ones
Cons:
- Random coloured paired are shipped. You must be willing to order multiple pairs if you really want a matching pair. I order two pairs (four caps in total): 2 - red 1 - silver 1 - gold
Other:
- I was lucky enough to get a matching pair in the colour I wanted by only ordering two pairs. - These are Presta valve type covers, please refer to the pictures posted. - Buy multiple pairs, and keep the mismatched ones as spares in your toolbox.
Bottomline:
- Say no to the plastic covers as it's just a matter of time before they crack. - Give your bike some character. For all bumps and jumps your tires absorb, show them a little love and get them some bling!!!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections