DX  » Community » Reviews » Flood-to-Throw CREE Q4-WC 3-Mode 150-Lumen Convex Lens LED Headlamp with Charger Set (1*18650)
Sort by:
11 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:182 (18%)
  • 4 Star:738 (73%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:91 (9%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

91% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 2
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good headlamp

posted by mxdamage on 10/31/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It is very bright, long lasting flashlight. May be more bright, that it's need for the flashlight. Flood-to-throw is also very comfortable. 18550 provides good working time with the high output.
    Cons:
    Build quality is no good. I've broken some mounts, the LED of the 1 of my 3 such flashlights dimmed a lot...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Descent value for money

posted by AlexeyR on 09/23/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    1. CREE light is amazing, as usual. 2. Battery and the charger included - nice deal.
    Cons:
    1. The headband size is too small, doesn't fit well on my head. Well suited on helmet, though. 2. The tilt must be tighter! Ca...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Best value for the money

posted by Fujitzo on 10/26/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    - Cheap - Bright - 18650 battery which is better than AA and especially AAA - Comes with a charger, mine came with EU plug :)
    Cons:
    - Battery is exhausted pretty quickly - about 3h on maximum.I use it with http://www.dealextreme.com/p/trustfire-protected-1865...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    set correct

posted by ibus22 on 10/15/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    -Good price for a headlamp compared to the price of leading brands. -The zoom is very easy to use. -The beam extends far. -We think good regulation that has the front angle.
    Cons:
    The costrucció leaves something to desire, especially the part that touches the front is a bit annoying if you use a long ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 2
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 2
    • Usefulness: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    You get what you pay for!

posted by waffle on 10/10/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Zoom feature allows for more throw.
    Cons:
    Fragile - the plastic tabs that hold the light to the headband break very easily, and then it's pretty much screwed. It's also...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    nice small light

posted by pklicov on 09/21/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Great small lamp, with very good light output. Flood to throw mechanism works very well. Low the 18650 battery and charger plug to quickly charge battery without need to remove battery from lamp.
    Cons:
    - Elastic strap are build for small head, I need to stretch my with hand to put it on head - Tilt mechanism is not good, lamp i...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Happy with it

posted by sanete on 09/14/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Easy to recharge battery Really very bright Confortable Beam wide regulable. Easy to use. Good price.
    Cons:
    Not waterproof. Short life (40 minutes, not tested yet) Accidentally it's easy to leave it switched on. Non-standard battery...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great item

posted by Albertosoto on 05/24/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Great item! Flood to throw mechanism is perfect smooth. 18650 capacity is nice, long runtime. Low-High-Strobe arrangement. Has a blinking red led on the back (battery comp.) as signal localizator. Charger included! Came with case, cheap case but better than...
    Cons:
    Band is short for my head. I think it can't be used on high for long runs, heat issues. (anyway low is perfect for close range ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Fantastic for working on small items

posted by T3rry on 04/12/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Great item, very bright, Love the lense for flood to throw, multi setting snot useful for me, but i see how it could be useful for some. Fantastic and very helpful to free up my hands while soldering or doing other work with small items.
    Cons:
    small plastic piece that hold the light to the strap broke within 1 hour, easily fixed with a zip-tie Straps too small, very ti...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Bright!

posted by lucysmells on 03/31/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    -Very bright -Strobe is slow enough to be perfect to be seen! -Pulls .95Amps on High -Can be tilted down -Very good throw and flood -Slow flashing red LED on rear makes it easy for me to locate -Charges battery to 4.20 volts
    Cons:
    -Led plastic strap area is fragile as mine arrived with one part broken. -Poor led to housing contact -Strap small and is a sl...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections