DX  » Community » Reviews » Flood-to-Throw CREE Q4-WC 3-Mode 150-Lumen Convex Lens LED Headlamp with Charger Set (1*18650)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Does the job just fine – Flood-to-Throw CREE Q4-WC 3-Mode 150-Lumen Convex Lens LED Headlamp with Charger Set (1*18650) Reviews

posted by DKJesper on 03/21/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
- Easy to use.
- Starts in Low mode.
- Build quality is fair.
- Slider and sliding tube is metal.
Cons:
- Elastic straps are quite short. May be a problem if you have a really big head. Won't fit on a bike helmet.
- Slider friction could be a bit higher, but function is fine.
- Not 100% watertight.
Other:
Mine came with a US power adaptor, but I just use a US->EU adaptor. Voltage ratio of the adaptor is 100-240V. Adaptor stops charging when battery voltage is 4.20V.
Doesn't seem 100% watertight, but should be ok to use in light rain. Some things have been done to keep water out, for example a rubber plug in the charger plug.
There is a red LED on the battery compartment. Mine flashes slowly allways when a battery is inserted, but maybe that's a design feature. I haven't tried making a battery run low, maybe it will flash another way then.
Bottomline:
Very usefull for grilling and for doing stuff in the dark. I recommend this product. I vould give it a 5 rating if it was 100% watertight.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections