DX  » Community » Reviews » UniqueFire G10 CREE XP E R5 5-Mode 350-Lumen White LED Flashlight with Strap (1*14500/1*AA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Good EDC light for a very good price – UniqueFire G10 CREE XP E R5 5-Mode 350-Lumen White LED Flashlight with Strap (1*14500/1*AA) Reviews

posted by hvdgoor on 03/21/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Feels solid
Well build
The five modes all work flawlessly
The throw of the beam is good for general use
Maybe not exactly 350 lumens with a regular AA battery but its a LOT of light!
Priced at 30-45% of comparable "brand" lights!
Great EDC light!
Cons:
If the on/off button didn't stick out you would be able let it stand on the floor like that (handy in some situations)
The on/off button should be "glow in the dark" but it isn't
A pocket clip like some other comparable models have would have been nice
Battery doesn't last that long, but hey: AA's are cheap!
Other:
When I got the light I needed to lube the threading a little bit with silicone spray so it doesn't squeak as much.
Also I had to tighten everything pretty good to make it work (the light didn't come on first).
With AA batteries you probably don't get the full 350 lumens output (I guess you need the 14500 rechargeable battery for that), but it is really impressive!
Bottomline:
A very good allround EDC light. I have plenty of flashlights around but this one is a keeper.
You can get the same light with only 1 mode for a dollar less (sku 55846), but I would get this one as it is useful to not have it full blast all the time.
Bottomline: good, solid light with high output for a very sharp price! I can recommend it.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections