DX  » Community » Reviews » USB Charging Dock Station with 3.5MM Line Out + Remote Controller for Iphone 4 - Black
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
Good product except remote control – USB Charging Dock Station with 3.5MM Line Out + Remote Controller for iPhone 4 - Black Reviews

posted by rufixe on 10/01/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
The color and the smooth plastic. Better possibilities of the remote control (more useful keys) than original apple dock.
Cons:
Bad reception (very tight angle) of the Remote control. The remote control interfering with other device like the SKU: 126115 Fancy quality of the remote control (Foil with keys not glued flat)
Other:
After milling a little bit the case (dremel), I use it with my tired apple touch 1 st gen. and it is working great.
Bottomline:
Mounting an IR sensor horizontally (inside the housing) and expecting good 90 ° reception (throught the case window) without a least a mirror explains the bad IR performance... I opened the case then I smoothly bent the IR sensor and the performance became greatly improved.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections