DX  » Community » Reviews » UltraFire TH-T60 HA-II XM-LT6 5-Mode 975-Lumen White LED Flashlight with Strap (1 x 18650)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
The brightest Flashlight – UltraFire TH-T60 HA-II XM-LT6 5-Mode 975-Lumen White LED Flashlight with Strap (1 x 18650) Reviews

posted by zhulama on 04/16/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Extremely bright, destroys P7 in side by side comparison.
Very good throw, strong spot and usable spill.
No visible artifacts.
Low Forward Voltage (3.1V@2.6A) so upgrade to six, seven or even eight 7135 350mA regulators will be really nice!
Parts that are made by machines are really nice and quality is really good.
Cons:
Although machined parts are REALLY good, human work on it isn't as good (at least not on mine).
LED star wasn't tightened enough so I was afraid of thermal breakdown.
When I tightened the star, one of the wires got cut because one of the holes wasn't drilled at the right spot.
I had to disassemble it and solder new wires, then I tightened the star with some thermal grease, put both wires through the same hole (the good hole) and soldered them again.
Other:
I didn't try 4.2V battery because my charger doesn't go that high, but when battery is 4.12V, there is 2.6A flowing through diode and forward voltage is only 3.1V!
When battery voltage drops to 3.9V, current drops to 2A, at 3.6V it is already only 1.5A (and still more power than 1A Q5)
I don't like brightness drop with voltage drop so I will upgrade to seven 7135 regulators (1 solo and 3 stacks of two) because I feel that 2.45A is more than enough for High; maybe I'll program my own tiny atmel for 350mA MidLow (1x7135), 1.05A High (3x7135) and 2.45A UltraHigh(7x7135); If I do that, I'll post HEX file and instructions.
Bottomline:
The brightest flashlight I ever seen, much brighter than P7 and it visibly blows my old 1 amp Q5 even when current drops under 1.5A.
If you know how to do some DIY, it is must buy!
If you don't know DIY, buy it anyways, it is that good!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections