DX  » Community » Reviews » UltraFire TH-T60 HA-II XM-LT6 5-Mode 975-Lumen White LED Flashlight with Strap (1 x 18650)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Maybe near 850 lumens but still very bright – UltraFire TH-T60 HA-II XM-LT6 5-Mode 975-Lumen White LED Flashlight with Strap (1 x 18650) Reviews

posted by milen76 on 05/09/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Its very bright, it comes with the new Cree LED that offers near 160 lumens per watt. Total brightness of my flashlight is near 850 - 900 lumens at hi mode after first 2 minutes of use. Build quality is average to good. Fits protected batteries with no problem. Has memory and the memory works as expected. Good throw, usable spill and strong spot. Can blind you even with a closed eyes. Compact design and lightweight. I use this flashlight as EDC. I put it in my bag everyday. Owning this flashlight will make neighbors from the next block really hate you :-) Usable Mid and Lo mode. I found that Lo mode works very fine for my needs in dark and saves battery life very well. Tailstands wihout a problem.
Cons:
Gets realy hot on full power. The body is too small for enough heat dispersion of the led so I wouldnt recommend more than 10 minutes in high mode because led life will decrease. Its not driven at 3000mA all the time. With fresh battery I measured 2620 mA, when battery voltage drops under 3,9V the current is near 2000mA so with the time brighness decreases. The strobe mode is just as expected but the SOS mode is SOO :-) - so I doubt I will use this feature. Pls Ultrafire fix your SOS mode or just remove it. The tailcap do not glow in the dark and is too fitted inside the body so its operated hardly with the thumb, I would preffer bigger tailcap that glows in the dark. The body is HA-II as advertised. Wish it was HA-III. The reflector is SMO. I think OP is better for this flashlight. The reflector is not good centered to led so it has bad light spill from one side of the center that maked me crazy first time i saw it. I fixed that and now is okay. There was a dust between reflector and the front glass. Some compressured air done the job easely but its annoying when you light the flashlight for the first time. The price must be lower with near 2 $ for this light! As you expected battery life is under hour if you use protected batteries in hi mode only. The threads are not greased enough. So you must apply additional silicone grease. Its a MUST!
Other:
It would be nice to have a gift package with this sku for ex. a gift box, this light, two trustfire batteries (real 2400mAh) and a charger at a good price near 30 $. It would be really nice if the manifacturer finds a way to fix the heat dispersion problem and makes the driver to drive the led permanently near 3000mA in high mode despite the short runtime. In that way if you need the brightness you will get the brightness, if you need the runtime then just use mid and lo modes :-).
Bottomline:
Its good to average product. I defenitely will buy another 2 or 3 if the price falls down or gift package appears in DX. Its a great gift for lots of ppl. Its not a perfect product but its good enough to buy.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections