DX  » Community » Reviews » Compact HD 1080P 2.5" SATA HDD Media Player with HDMI/USB Host/SD/AV-Out/COAX - Black
Sort by:
30 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:5717 (57%)
  • 4 Star:4012 (40%)
  • 3 Star:31 (3%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Expensive. But it's almost perfect.

posted by paulomatsui on 07/24/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Reads and plays almost ANY video format and codec setting. At least, the 10 most popular ones. : ) Both digital AND analogue video outputs available. Amazingly useful and detailed subtitles settings. Can be set up in almost ANY language in the world - with ...
    Cons:
    - Expensive. Worth it. But still expensive for the usual DX regular customer. - And for such brilliant engineering mastery, the...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Best value 2.5" media player

posted by kennethchew on 05/15/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Even decodes and plays DTS-HD sound on TV HDMI Screwdriver supplied! HDMI Cable Supplied!
    Cons:
    No option for chosing different international plug. I bit hard to get it working at first, I had to press the on button many ti...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    No está nada mal para su precio

posted by TioSilas on 04/11/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    · Un reproductor multimedia barato y fácil de usar y configurar. Incluye todos los cables para poder ponerlo en marcha en pocos minutos. El sistema de menús en pantalla es simple y eficaz. · Lee todos los formatos de ficheros más ha...
    Cons:
    · El tamaño interior de la carcasa es muy justo para introducir el HD. El procedimiento es muy sencillo y se incluyen...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good

posted by xrasa on 02/25/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Basically I wanted a media player capable of HD movies, DTS and such. The price was inviting. The result exceeded all expectations. The size of a 2,5'' external HD enclosure, pleasant design, and works perfectly as such, powered by USB cabel. And atop of th...
    Cons:
    The remote is a simple plate, not an ergonomic body - but in other hand it's so quite small to pack and carry. Changing subtit...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 2
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Worked... for a while.

posted by palsplace on 02/15/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Played every kind of movie file I tried: mkv, flv, mp4, avi, etc. Recognized a 500 Gb laptop drive and connected to the USB ports without a problem. I liked the small size and it ran cool and quiet. Had a very good picture quality and stability. Played...
    Cons:
    After about a year, all video quit working. Can still be used as a portable hard drive through the USB connection, but no vide...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works as promised

posted by seowyh on 02/10/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Works as stated. Bought it for the Coax audio output to connect to my receiver. It works with the red output cable as mentioned in previous review. Not stated in the user manual though. Tried installing an internal HDD and it is functional too.
    Cons:
    Internal HDD has some interference issue during installing. Needs to be careful while installing.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Pretty Neat little Media Player

posted by jenbot on 02/04/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Inexpensive; Very compact; Holds up to 750GB internal HDD Multiple storage options: internal SATA, SD card, and external USB drive; Multiple AV out options: HDMI for 720/1080p & stereo out, coax for 5.1 audio, RCA...DX descript implies component out ...
    Cons:
    Remote pictured is not the one I received...but I wish it was. On mine the buttons and labels are teeny-tiny with faint icons a...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    This is the best media player ever!

posted by santijuncos on 02/01/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I totally recommend it because you can either connect it to a full HD led and to a non-hd crt television. The package includes hdmi cable of a very good quality, video component cable, usb cable, and power source for using at both 110-220 v.
    Cons:
    i have no complains. it works perfectly fine!
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Wonderfull

posted by MrLippold on 01/05/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Already the second I buy, the other is with my friend who is addicted to films and series like me. Surely the best purchase I've ever made on the internet. I connect my external HD 2 T of SAMSUMG and have access to hundreds of movies and series that I downl...
    Cons:
    Price.
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    good!

posted by higatetsuo on 12/19/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    The product works very well with a 2.5 inch HD notebook old. The video quality is good. I had a few crashes, which is not too bothered. I recommend to friends who do not have Smart TV. It has all the cables.
    Cons:
    The unit heats up a bit. I had some problems with catching video.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections