Sort by:
11 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:647 (64%)
  • 4 Star:364 (36%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Replacement Battery

posted by bubbadreier on 06/19/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I bought this to restore an older iPod and bring ti back to life and this did just that! I have an iPod that would even turn on but after replacing the battery it works like a dream.
    Cons:
    It could be hard to replace if you don't know hat you are doing. I can't comment on how long that battery lasts compared to th...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great for the money

posted by bsfamily on 01/18/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This battery brought life back to my old iPod. Before replacing the battery would last around 30 min. After replacing the battery, it last 4-5 hrs. Not quite as good as the original battery but for the price, it's an amazing deal.
    Cons:
    This battery doesn't last quite as long as the original. But a great value for the price. The iPod case openers are quite chea...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A nice replacement battery

posted by samjk1 on 07/12/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Found my old 15gb ipod 3g that was collecting dust in the garage. It was still working, but the battery was dying really fast (could only use it connected to the charger). The battery was easy to replace, the manual was very useful. I use it everyday for ...
    Cons:
    The included tools are very weak, thankfully it comes with a pair - destroyed one on my first attempt. I'd probably use somethi...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice saved my ipod from the trash

posted by duckyyy on 01/12/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Cheap compared to other replacement solutions that consist of the same exact materials. 2 plastic wedges instead of only 1 others supply. Complete instructions along with pictures in grammatically correct English included. Saved my ipod from the trash.
    Cons:
    Plastic on the 2 tools is a bit weak, the manual says to resharpen them with a knife but both wore down very quickly, actually ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Bring life to a 3G

posted by Australisk on 01/10/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I had an old 3G 40GB iPod hanging around that was collecting dust and saw this battery on DX for such a low price that I thought I may as well get my old iPod kicking again.
    Cons:
    Rubbish tools to do the job with. I almost feel that they shouldn't include them so that users expect to need a screwdriver or ...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 2
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works well

posted by meheheh on 10/29/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    - Can be used to replace dead 3G iPod batteries - Decent capacity, my friend reported about 7-8 hours on a charge with his 40GB model - Once the iPod was open, installation was pretty easy (just take the old one out, put the new one in, close the iPod) - Ca...
    Cons:
    - Included tools are very flimsy. I had to resort to a swiss army knife to get the iPod open.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice iPod Battery

posted by nitant on 07/29/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    -Good Battery -Rejuvinates Dead Pod -Lasts 6-7 Hours on a charge -Cheap, on eBay it is atleast 10$ shipped -Opening Tools included, so make the job a bit easier.
    Cons:
    -A bit smaller than normal battery. May rattle around -850 mAH may be a bit less
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works as advertised.

posted by Moe_Szyslak on 04/09/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    - Easy to install. - Holds hours of energy. - Very cheap. - Tools to open your iPod are included.
    Cons:
    For this price? None. I kinda get the feeling it doesn't actually retain 850mAh but I still get about 6-7 hours out of it.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Just a battery

posted by emb0ss on 03/20/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    You will get your ipod to play about 5 hours of music for just u$s6.
    Cons:
    Compared to the original ipod battery, it looks as if this replacement battery was home-built (the build quality is rather poor...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good battery replacement for 3G ipod

posted by matrix-neo on 03/02/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Low priced and really good quality replacement for 3g Ipods, comes with leads and plug, and 2 plastic tools, ready to replace battery, battery lasts long time too
    Cons:
    None with item, but hardest part of this is getting ipod open without scratching everything! just follow instructions (included...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections