DX  » Community » Reviews » Multi-Pocket Oxford Cloth Bag with Compass for 10" Laptop/DSLR Camera - Khaki
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Is larger than it looks... – Multi-Pocket Oxford Cloth Bag with Compass for 10" Laptop/DSLR Camera - Khaki Reviews

posted by romaneth on 04/29/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
it is much bigger than it looks at a first glance. First - main compartment - has 2 separate soft-holstered rain-proof parts inside with band to tightly close them. In one there's space for DSLR with up to 6" (17cm) long lens in one and another up to 10" (25cm) long lens in another holstered part.. There are two 7" mesh pockets for memory cards and small things + one 10" pocket for notebook or whatever you need.
You can see one large 10" × 15" compartment in front for whatever you might need putting there, folded 33" reflector or large beach towel would fit. Loosen front belts to double the width of this compartment. Then, there are two 7" (18cm) pockets. On both sides are belts designed for MAS (modular accessory system add-ons like water-bottle or extra lens compartment). What I don't quite rely is that plastic carabiners that intends to hold all this extended bag system on your shoulders, so I'd purchased two steel carabiners to replace such critical plastic details.
I even managed to fit my DSLR video grip into that bag, something that didn't fit into externally larger older photo bags bag.
Cons:
Trendy earthly colour... spacey with many compartments and pockets...
Other:
Good product, exactly as I expected...
Bottomline:
Definitely a worth buy. I'd seen Nat Geo photo bags with like features and size at a price of over 120€, so there's no excuse to buy yourself this bag. It also comes in several colors, khaki, black and camo, I chose design that'd match my clothes this coming summer season...

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections