Sort by:
3 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:1003 (100%)
  • 4 Star:00 (0%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    The best such adapter so far

posted by monnier on 05/28/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Works well, fast enough. Both hdparm and smartctl are able to talk to the drive through this adapter, so you can control spin-down time and drive temperature.
    Cons:
    The adapter does not provide power to the SATA drive (don't know about the PATA port), so you'll need the power brick even for ...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good speed, nice features

posted by monnier on 05/14/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Using this adapter in a USB2 port, I only get 20MB/s but with USB3 I got 60MB/s, which isn't too bad compared to the 70MB/s I get when the drive is connected directly via SATA. The better part is that, contrary to the previous adapters I used, this one happ...
    Cons:
    When connecting a low-power drive over SATA (e.g. a laptop drive), you still need the power-brick because the adapter itself do...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good speed, nice features

posted by monnier on 05/07/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Accessing disks over USB2 was convenient but pretty slow. E.g. using this adapter in a USB2 port, I just get 20MB/s. But with USB3 I got 60MB/s, which isn't too bad compared to the 70MB/s I get when the drive is connected directly via SATA. The better pa...
    Cons:
    The main drawback I see is that when connecting a low-power drive over SATA (e.g. a laptop drive), you still need the power-bri...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections