DX  » Community » Reviews » TrustFire X8 XM-LT60 5-Mode 1000-Lumen Memory White LED Flashlight with Batteries Set (2x18650)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
A must-have for outdoors and home safety – TrustFire X8 XM-LT60 5-Mode 1000-Lumen Memory White LED Flashlight with Batteries Set (2x18650) Reviews

posted by jnoland8707 on 07/30/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Made well, comes with everything you need, comes with replacement parts for things that could potentially fail, extremely bright - but you can customize the brightness, SOS function works great and gives some peace of mind when far outdoors.
Cons:
The only con I have is some difficulty with the O-ring between the crown and the glass lens. It (and it's replacement) seem too small. I had to stretch it out to get it to fit correctly.
Other:
I really like the fact that you can change modes by half-pressing the tail button - you don't have to click it in all the way. Just be sure to apply the supplied silicone lubricant to all machined threads! It doesn't come pre-applied.
Bottomline:
It is made extremely well. I work with US military electronics manufacturers and this feels MIL-SPEC grade to me. Everything from the quality machined aluminum to the solder joints on the circuit card all look perfect. This is not your standard "Made in China" consumer product.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections