DX  » Community » Reviews » Handheld Rechargeable 2.4G Mini Wireless Keyboard with TrackPad and Red Laser
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Nice gadget for HTPC – Handheld Rechargeable 2.4G Mini Wireless Keyboard with TrackPad and Red Laser Reviews

posted by Romani on 08/25/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
This is nice gadget, yes it is. First, it using standard HID drivers and is zeroconfig. You can just put it in with almost any OS and it just work. Even in BIOS config. This is why i get this and not Bluetooth version. Next, charging is fast, and keyboard can go to sleep if not used for a time. Buttons is rubber (it seems) and nice to touch. Receiver is very small, operation range is not problem too - i checked 5 meters and all OK. Touchpad is pretty accurate and easy to use
Cons:
Bad sides: Space button looks like 3-times larger then other buttons, but actually it reacts only on push in middle, so real working area for space button is still as other, that not nice. Touchpad have no multitouch and no scrolling area and pretty small at all. While connected bay cable over USB, keyboard cannot work as USB keyboard, only charging.
Other:
In my case F5 button is almost not working - you have to push with great force for to have reaction, maybe faulty unit. I can live with it...but i little disappointed. Screws is totally non-standard so i cannot check inside. Again, its pretty hard to type a lot of text, at least before you get used to it. Laser pointer - why? for what? One more thing - i suggest it would be better if thwy done keyboard with both 2.4G and Bluetooth and way to swith them - this allow as to use zeroconfig in extreme situations like os installation and buetooth to connect it to Android.
Bottomline:
After all, this is nice device, it very useful for home theater PC, to so lazy internet browsing and such. It probably not so good for typing a poem, but it do things created for. Price, i think, little too high, trough.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections