DX  » Community » Reviews » 60W Soldering Iron with Variable Temperature Control (110V AC)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 3
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Bit Better than I Expected – 60W Soldering Iron with Variable Temperature Control (110V AC) Reviews

posted by DANEBO on 05/23/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
- The main body is made of a apparently durable clear nice plastic.
- The tip is nice and pointed (it could really hurt You because that), great for precise SMD Servicing and soldering.
-Ceramic heater element seems decent.
- The temperature control appears to work fine, but I am not shure about the accurace of the printed temperatures on the yellow knob.
- Soldering in internal PCB is just OK.
- NICE rubber Handler. Feels Good.
- Easy Disassembling
- The AC Cord cable is really good
- Weightless
- Nice Look
Cons:
- This Soldering iron HAS NOT Any temperature control Feedback Device. So, it's not controlled by sensor, but ONLY by Phase Angle Control. The only things connected to the internal Board is the input AC cord cable and the Heater element.
- Mine came with a complete untidy adesive in the temperature control's knob. The scale of mine starts in the area with no numbers and ends at 300 degrees. Not hard to fix that. =)
- The temperature control interface is made based in a simple Trimpot. This is fairly fragile and was not designed for frequent adjusts. Avoid to move it unnecessarily.
- Led is a little bit weak
- Worts the money, but the price could be better.
Other:
In fact, a good choice. More pros than cons. This will not substitute a soldering Station in some critical purposes. Nevertheless, I feel this can be used as an "almost" main soldering iron If you're not a proffessional. Do not abuse this, and it will last for a long. Price could be a bit better. The tip is good considering the price of this device.
Bottomline:
This product will probably settle you. Buy One.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections