DX  » Community » Reviews » Unique Digital Turntable Style Water Resistant Quartz Wrist Watch - Black (1 x SR626)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
Not your grandfathers watch – Unique Digital Turntable Style Water Resistant Quartz Wrist Watch - Black (1 x SR626) Reviews

posted by buddasro1 on 12/03/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
-High contrast, allows for ease of reading
-Unique design
-Low price
-Conversation starter / Icebreaker
-still has traditional markings about the face so it could still be used as a makeshift compass should you get lost in the middle of nowhere.
Cons:
-strap is fairly "cheap" looking
-strap is too small (to be fair I am a rather large guy and it is snug at the second notch)
-kind of difficult to read at first, gives approximate time (5 second incriments for seconds and minutes, half-hour incriments for hours in 24hr format [01:00, 01:30, 02:00, 02:30...]
-no light or "glow" printing, hard to read in the dark.
Other:
-this watch gives decent time
-I think the seconds dial would be more functional if it were hash-marked instead of numbered, i guess you can just count the ticks if you really need to time something.
-battery life should be decent since there is no light.
Bottomline:
This watch really caught my attention when i saw it on the DealExtreme site. this watch will definately get you some questions. I have never seen a time piece with this style of movement, it is very unique indeed!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections