DX  » Community » Reviews » Unique Digital Turntable Style Water Resistant Quartz Wrist Watch - Black (1 x SR626)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
watch principle completely reversed – Unique Digital Turntable Style Water Resistant Quartz Wrist Watch - Black (1 x SR626) Reviews

posted by Boogoose on 03/10/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
+ The mechanism of this watch is pretty unique. Instead of a static face and moving hands like in every other watch, you get moving numbers and a fixed point to read them from.
+ Build quality looks good considering the incredible price. The watch unit itself is well finished, no gaps or rough edges on the face that I can see.
+ Seems to keep good time, I haven't had it long enough to notice any inaccuracy though. If you care exactly what time it is, this isn't really the watch for you.
Cons:
- You can't really read the exact time because of the nature of the markings. There's only enough markings on the minute disc for every 2.5 minutes, which is accurate enough for me but I suppose.
- The strap on my watch looks like the one in the pictures, but it is cheap feeling. The not-leather is very stiff and doesn't really hug my wrist. Maybe it'll be more supple in time.
Other:
o The fixed white marker on the face of the watch doesn't seem like the best way of indicating time. It doesn't reach far enough into the centre of the dial, so the seconds disc is always slightly obscured. A better solution would be to simply put a red dot on the markings around what would be 3 o'clock on a regular dial, or just simply leave it unmarked and have the user just remember to read things at the 3 o'clock mark.
o As good as the watch looks, I think it'd look even better with a circular case, which also make it smaller. That's just personal taste though, the square mirrored case looks great.
o This was my first order from DX, and I had expected a long wait for delivery. It took less than 2 weeks to arrive, which by free postage from the other side of the world is pretty impressive.
Bottomline:
A very noticable watch that won't cost you a fortune or make you learn binary. If there was a "deluxe" version that had a little more money spent on design and construction, I'd probably buy it, but for $5 you get a cheap watch that isn't just a tacky digital one.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections