DX  » Community » Reviews » CREE XML-T6 5-Mode 6700K 900-Lumen Smooth Aluminum Drop-in Module with Textured Reflector
Sort by:
7 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:433 (43%)
  • 4 Star:574 (57%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good drop-in

posted by pi3tr0 on 05/15/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Very good drop-in. It is the maximum output of light that you can get out from a Cree XM-L T6. It absorbs 1.2 Amps @ 10 Volt that makes 12W. The led XML-T& can handle 10W. If the driver has an efficiency about 80% than you will get 10W on the led. The w...
    Cons:
    May be it is a little bit expensive, but not too much. It doesn't work with a single lithium cell.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good for a 3D Mag-Lite Mod

posted by relic38 on 12/20/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    - Very well designed good quality reflector - LED is perfectly mounted for the reflector - Decent throw (about 200m) with excellent spill, adequate to light up a very large area on high. - Mode memory! - Seems to have a very efficient buck driver; input 1A@...
    Cons:
    - Not really a con; would like the option to disable the flashing 'disco' modes.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Really Nice

posted by kevmeister on 12/02/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Really nice module. Very bright and modes work good. Gives a really nice, tight hotspot and a decent spill. I have put it in a divelight and its very good for signalling and technical diving. Penetrates the water very well.
    Cons:
    At mine the led was not perfectly centered so i had to do that myself. Driver gets really hot at 12v.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    could be brighter

posted by electronicholas on 06/23/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - reflector is big enough to act as a radiator and has a decent spill - I found an aspheric lens here on dealextreme to match the front diameter and I found out that I have a much more small angle on the beam compared to the 30 mm diameter, so this is perf...
    Cons:
    No cons so far, except I also feel that it could be brighter; I have other xml-t6, as I am a fan of this led, and just one of t...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    not bad, but not great

posted by ksanjose on 04/06/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    I have a really old 6D Maglite that has a serial number with no alpha preceding it. It has a three-part switch which made the mod about 20 minutes total. The reflector is a little too thick, so it's either mill the reflector or the head. I chose the head...
    Cons:
    Not that bright with 6D cells. A bit of a let-down since I have SKU112817, SKU91091, SKU93264, and a bunch of 14500 lights. T...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Not Bad But!

posted by Clunian on 07/11/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Easy Mag drop in. Just insulate the original globe holder, stretch the spring and bingo you are done. Improves the original light by a huge factor. Turns the lowly but effective Maglite into a light sabre
    Cons:
    Top flange is too thick, needs filing down but still works. Modes dont always work on the Maglite body, must be the switch. Wil...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Not bad!

posted by admacdo on 04/19/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Very bright for a single LED. Nice spot with very usable spill. Cheap! Memory actually works. Goes straight into my ancient maglite without modification to either.. more modern ones might not and I've got nothing to check with either, so don't expect mirac...
    Cons:
    Gets pretty hot on 12 volt. Should be perfect at nine volts.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections