DX  » Community » Reviews » 1.4" LCD UV Intensity Meter with Time Display (1 x CR2025)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 2
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
It does what it says – 1.4" LCD UV Intensity Meter with Time Display (1 x CR2025) Reviews

posted by vturiserra on 06/08/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
When I saw this cheap item I thought that maybe it would not measure the UV light but the visible light. It would have been an easy way of deceiving most buyers. So I tested it (after receiving a packet of batteries SKU 831, as the battery is not included). The readings in a not-so-sunny day varied between 7 and 10. Then I placed the sensor behind some quality sight glasses. Of course the amount of visible light was almost the same, but the reading was 1 or even less. So yes, the meter does measure the UV light, and not just the visible light.
Cons:
-There is no sign that says if the battery must face upwards or downwars when inserted, and the plastic ring that you use to insert the battery is very bad and gets broken very easily. After inserting the battery the wrong way I couldn't remove it with the plastic ring, so I had to use a screwdriver and open the meter to take the battery out and insert it correctly. Now, every time the battery runs out, I'll have to use the screwdriver to change it.
-For a few more cents, the battery could be included in the shipping.
Other:
Bottomline:
A nice item for freaks like me.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections