Sort by:
90 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:7164 (71%)
  • 4 Star:2321 (23%)
  • 3 Star:33 (3%)
  • 2 Star:11 (1%)
  • 1 Star:11 (1%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

98% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works well enough

posted by r2d2m2 on 03/30/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Works stable with Windows XP or older. Indispensable for connecting newer PCs with older devices with RS232 interface. Lightweight. Decent build quality - not spectacular, but good enough for what it is.
    Cons:
    I could not get it to work with Windows 7. The cable that came with it is of poor quality. I replaced it with a better one. The...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great little serial converter

posted by zsmolnar on 01/13/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Well built, and easy to use. Works well under different operating system (WIndows, OSX, Linux as well). Im using this adapter to communicate with network equipment with serial management port (like MICROTIK routers) through terminal. Peace of cake :)
    Cons:
    The case is bulky around the connector, hard or impossible to connect next to a populated USB port. Not really a con if using e...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap and great little adaptor

posted by sonnox on 11/20/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    this is the second time I am buying a punch of these dongles. Does the job, quite sturdy. Dont expect too much due to the price. The one thing I like about this was that win7 just pick it up and able to look up drivers through the internet. no need to use ...
    Cons:
    the usb extension cable is not good at all. never use it. it is too thin to power anything. I used 1 or 2 or them for extending...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works as I expected

posted by igor86u on 10/07/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Cheap and very usefulness , working, nice to have a CD and cable for it's price. worked at first time.
    Cons:
    Low quality building, USB connection on PCB can be damaged easliy if not taking in care, better to connect through cable than d...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great product

posted by rtusset on 05/31/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - Cheap; - Good quality; - Works; - Good finish; - Packaging that accompanies the product is very good; - Came with the cd driver for installation
    Cons:
    - None, really a great product.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    ok works with Siemens PC-PPI Cable

posted by Menelao on 05/02/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Mainly it works properly on Win7 32 and 64 bit Microwin 32 and PC-PPI cable. The driver installed without any kind of problem and the device creates a virtual serial port totally works. Microwin Configured on that port and communications work without proble...
    Cons:
    The plastic is of dubious quality.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works on Windows 8

posted by imotakan on 04/16/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Very happy with this since my other usb to serial was not working on windows 8 i bought this one. happy to find out it was just plug and play, did not even install the drivers that came on the disc. - Works on windows 8 - Plug and Play
    Cons:
    the disc are full of drivers for other devices. Looks a bit cheap, could use a polish but for this price you can't complain
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    It works fine and it is worthwhile!

posted by RicardoCarol on 04/16/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    I have bought it to use with my old microcontroller programmer via serial interface. I had two options: try this adapter or buy a new programmer via USB interface, since I cannot have serial ports on new notebooks. So it has worked very well like the COM4 s...
    Cons:
    The two screws to join the male and female connectors are not well centered and is not easy to do it.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works as well as a normal COM port

posted by georgistz on 01/08/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Works excellent with industrial equipment, which requires RS-232 interface. The included drivers installed and worked with no problem at all. Connection is stable and works just as a normal built-in COM port.
    Cons:
    Looks ugly but it works. Also the build quality is not the best, but the converter itself does not brake. The included extensio...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good deal

posted by dcd_11 on 11/07/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It works well and it's fully compatible with windows 7. Plastics seem very strong and the cable is very confortable. Price is very affordable!
    Cons:
    The electrical component does not fit perfectly with the external enclosure and it is not fixed or attached and then it slips o...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 9
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections