DX  » Community » Reviews » Vehicle Rear Sight Video Camera with Night Vision (9 InfraRed IR LED)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Darn good buy! – Vehicle Rear Sight Video Camera with Night Vision (9 InfraRed IR LED) Reviews

posted by aerospace on 04/06/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
I am very impressed with the build quality of this device! Waterproof and packaged good too! Night vision feature works almost *too* good, as if the camera is directed at a white wall or someone wearing a white shirt, the camera will whiteout and bloom like nutz!
Cons:
I hooked this up to my 42 inch telly to check the picture quality and granted, I am looking at myself on a big television, I can barely recognize myself. I am sure that the picture would look better on a smaller telly, but whoah- my facial feature were a smear
Other:
I am going to use this as a backup camera on my car;s navigation system, so picture quality does not rank high on my needs- all I need to see is if there is some dark blob that is in my way of backing up.
Bottomline:
Works great for my application as a backup camera on my car. By all means this is not good for surveillance as I can barely recognize myself in it, but it does the trick so I don't back my car into anything.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections