DX  » Community » Reviews » 2.5" SATA USB 3.0 HDD Enclosure with Pouch - Grey (Super-Speed 5Gbps)
Sort by:
10 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:606 (60%)
  • 4 Star:303 (30%)
  • 3 Star:101 (10%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Best Product

posted by Giomm on 09/17/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    It's a very good product. Used instead an other previous product, the function are 100% reliable. Previous product failing file transfer when connected to an USB3 port, this is OK. Measured transfer rate with windows 7 is around 80MB (normally USB2 is aroun...
    Cons:
    No Cons. But take a note that is a budget product. The cable is very short, good if you use with a notebook, bad if you have a ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good product for the price

posted by Bruno2631 on 03/04/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    The product works OK now and for this price it is a good buy. I have not been able to check the proper working of 3.0 USB, but 2.0 USB works fine.
    Cons:
    I ordered three units and in the first shipment all three did not work! Deal Exteme was easy on the replacement, but very diffi...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    works OK (USB 2.0) on Win XP and Win 7

posted by kkrajnik on 02/26/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Price is OK. Easy to install. Recognized without any problems by Win XP and Win 7. Pouch included. USB 3.0 cable included (it is thick). As expected, green LED is turned on when connected and blinking during data transfer,
    Cons:
    Doesn't have any anti shock protection (except pouch).
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    great for wii

posted by ramon286 on 02/11/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    great for using older laptop hdd with wii game-console. us a 80Gb 5400rpm hdd real plug and play with no need for powersuply. quick data transport by using usb 3.0.
    Cons:
    real good and stable build. feels good and solid. easy to build in a hdd. exactly as I expected.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Fast, easy to use

posted by Hamblo on 02/09/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It's really cheap. In my country it cost at least 30 dollars, so it was a good buy for me. The USB 3.0 technology gives it a good speed, my 5400rpm SATA HDD reached 25MB/s with it. The case is easy-to-use, just plug in the HDD, put it in the case, tighten t...
    Cons:
    Nothing at all. The USB cable is a little bit short, but I didn't needed any longer.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Easy to install, easy to use

posted by Hagenaars on 01/02/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Easy to install, two screws to open the housing, slot in the drive, close the housing and you're done. It is an actual USB 3.0 device, which means a big improvement in speed for the hdd I've used with it
    Cons:
    It's a slightly loose fit, so things might rattle during transport, no major issue though. The pouch might reduce the noise, bu...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great product!

posted by compradorbolovo on 12/12/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Works expected speeds on both USB 2 and USB3. Works really well. Easy to use. Great connector. Good construction. Solid and stable. Not heat. No problems on any of my systems so far.
    Cons:
    None so far. The inner part that connects to the HDD is twisted, I dont know if this is done in purpose or not, but it feel awk...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works great!

posted by monkeyman on 02/15/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Works at expected speeds on both USB 2 and USB3. Simple to install HDD. Tested on multiple Linux, XP machines and one Windows 7 - no problems on any of my systems.
    Cons:
    the case that comes with it is flimsy - but I don't use it much anyway.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    2.5" SATA USB 3.0 HDD Enclosure with Pouch - Grey

posted by frlapa on 10/19/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    When it works it's great. See cons. Build is fine and what you would expect even at a higher priice.
    Cons:
    On a Windows 7 machine, I found if you try this device with the supplied USB3 cable it will not work on a USB2.0 port. You need...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Impressed

posted by MadDude on 07/29/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Am able to achieve on average 70+ MB/s from my 5400 rpm Seagate HDD to my Kingston SSD v100+ with the supplied cable copying a 1GB+ file with my USB 3.0 port of my Asus 1215B (E350 AMD Chip) via Windows 7 Enterprise. Otherwise, it was a fairly standard in...
    Cons:
    The "leather" case had scratch marks, I don't usually use it anyway so it wasn't a bother for me. There was a funky ...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections