DX  » Community » Reviews » 2.5" SATA USB 3.0 HDD Enclosure with Pouch - Grey (Super-Speed 5Gbps)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Easy to install, easy to use – 2.5" SATA USB 3.0 HDD Enclosure with Pouch - Grey (Super-Speed 5Gbps) Reviews

posted by Hagenaars on 01/02/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
Easy to install, two screws to open the housing, slot in the drive, close the housing and you're done. It is an actual USB 3.0 device, which means a big improvement in speed for the hdd I've used with it
Cons:
It's a slightly loose fit, so things might rattle during transport, no major issue though. The pouch might reduce the noise, but also adds thermal isolation, which increases the temperature of your drive.
Other:
Achieves USB 3.0 speeds, the drive I've installed does not reach 5Gbps, so I can't state anything about the 5Gbps claim.
Bottomline:
If you have a spare sata drive just laying around somewhere and you have an USB 3.0 port in your computer, get this, if you do not have an USB 3.0 port, it might be cheaper to get a USB 2.0 housing.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections