DX  » Community » Reviews » 2.5" SATA USB 3.0 HDD Enclosure with Pouch - Black + Silver (Super-Speed 5Gbps)
Sort by:
40 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:6827 (68%)
  • 4 Star:3213 (32%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Worked for a week

posted by righteousrob on 08/11/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Very simple design, one screw holds the case together. Case is made of durable metal which helps with heat dissipation. Great price and very small design.
    Cons:
    Never had very good speeds with this enclosure even when it was new. The design of the USB 3.0 male end for the enclosure is a ...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 1
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very nice but...

posted by Skavenger360 on 07/04/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Small, fast, plug'n'play, easy-to-use even by your granma, shipped with cable and pouch, and cheap ! I used it to put my music with and old disk taken on my laptop.
    Cons:
    Caution, slippery surface, careful when holding, you easily lose and drag it. It doesn't work well with some usb 2.0 stuff li...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excelent product

posted by marcelio on 07/04/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Slim, compact and stylish. Easy to open and install the HDD. Insurance for having a screw fixing its closure. It has only a USB 3.0 compatible with 2.0. Requires no auxiliary source. Compatible with HDDs up to 1TB, SATA. USB cable is of adequate length and ...
    Cons:
    Nothing about the product, only the time of arrival in Brazil (45 days).
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Fast, cheap and amazing quality

posted by adriansouto on 07/01/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    * Great speed, I got a data transfer up to 80 MB/s in the USB 3.0 port. * The case makes your laptop hdd perfectly portable, with an screw to secure it and no need to use an AC cable. * Doesn't look fragile at all, the design is perfect
    Cons:
    * It would be great if it had a small instruction manual. I had no idea what to do when I received it.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works perfect

posted by rodrigodki on 06/14/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    It is really Plug and Play on Windows 8 and Ubuntu Linux 13.04. Sustained speed of 90MB/s on my Samsung Hard Disk with AMD 3.0 USB. The aluminum alloy helps dissipate heat from HD. It has a green LED that blinks whenever you copy/moves files. The package th...
    Cons:
    It was a little harder to open, I have used a mobile professional opening toolkit (sku 29544) to help.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A perfect workspace

posted by jamestut on 05/31/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Aluminium case, full USB 3 speed (about 75 MB/s data transfer rate on my old 120GB HDD), requires only one USB host cable to operate. I use it as a windows to go workspace, and it operates quickly, no different from windows 8 when installed on internal hard...
    Cons:
    The green light is too bright. It sometimes annoying when the room condition is dark.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Best in class for the price

posted by Nico282 on 05/29/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Great design with a tight fit on the disk, compact while offering a good degree of protection. The included cable seems good quality. The disk is quickly mounted on Windows and Mac. If you have a phillips screwdriver handy, is a matter of seconds to snap in...
    Cons:
    Both sides of the drive capture fingerprints, don't buy if you're obsessed by clean silver surfaces :-)
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great case

posted by ElFonte on 05/09/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    - Fast speeds, probably limited by the hard drive - Standard connection, so you can get aditional cables in case you loose or damage the original one - Activity LED, see when the drive is working or powered
    Cons:
    - Hard to open, there is one screw and lots of pressure clips that don't come out easily - Quite flimsy, even being metal on th...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    The biggest pro on this case is its price.

posted by Totik on 05/05/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Good case for a really good price, small and very portable. Comes with leather pouch and long USB cable. Good speed over USB 2.0
    Cons:
    1. The enclosure works normally only when plugged into the USB 2.0 port. 2. The cable that comes with enclosure doesn't work.
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Fast USB3, slim design but hard to swap HDDs

posted by kelvinang on 04/29/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    USB3 provides a very fast data transfer rate on USB3-equipped computers. Strong, sturdy USB3 cable provided. Bright green LED light to let you know that the HDD is powered and being accessed.
    Cons:
    It's very hard to pry and slide open the case to install the hard drive. Construction of the case is a bit rough, and unless yo...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 4
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections