DX  » Community » Reviews » Red Laser Module - Adjustable Crosshair (3.5V~4.5V 9mm 5mW)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 2
Ok, but no good for my application – Red Laser Module - Adjustable Crosshair (3.5V~4.5V 9mm 5mW) Reviews

posted by kewlkiwi on 03/17/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
'Bought this to replace the useless 'red dot' pointer on my laser. If you use a laser cutter you may have a 'red dot' pointer attached near the lens and pointing down at 45 degrees. As you will have found out by now, any adjustment of the laser focus means the red dot is no longer correct. My idea was to replace the 'dot' with a line.
Cons:
Didn't work for what I wanted. At the distance involved (about 50mm) it was way out of focus and blurred. This is supposed to be an adjustable unit, but there's no way to adjust the focus, in fact the only adjustment is to rotate it so the cross rotates. Oh well, maybe I can find another use for it...
Other:
Bottomline:
It is is what it is - but it's not what the title says "Adjustable Crosshair" It's neither adjustable, nor a crossHAIR, more like a cross-rope!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections