Sort by:
56 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:6235 (62%)
  • 4 Star:3218 (32%)
  • 3 Star:53 (5%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Robust case

posted by fran82 on 07/04/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    This case is more robust than other more cheaper and flimsy cases. I tried to bend the case and it was impossible. Also is bigger/longer than the cheap ones. The hard disk can be secured with 4 screws. It includes a small phillips screwdriver. It works pe...
    Cons:
    The USB cable is not very common. Single color LED. No insulation below the HDD, you should put a sheet of something.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent, durable, fast and cheap.

posted by otavioamcamargo on 06/20/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - The item is very compact - Do not heat - Is very cheap when you compare to other goog quality products - it do not use an external power supply, just uses the usb power.
    Cons:
    - The cover should be fixed by a button or something like that, just it.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Old hard disk back to life!!!

posted by Mattttie on 10/04/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    - The casing is solid, nothing to say about this! - a Y usb splitter when the drive has not enough power is in the box. - straight forword to install the hard disk, nothing to worry about. - does what it has to do - no drivers needed!
    Cons:
    - nothing? :-) - the leather case provided is not that good... but hey, what do you want for the price, and the case is solid a...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    good product if you need it

posted by rioachim on 08/13/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - it worked for more than a year. I have previously bought http://dx.com/p/9478 and that one did not last - the wire is durable - the heat dissipation is ok
    Cons:
    - all wires come with an extra USB plub for extra current supply. I never used it, for me it works by plugging just one of the ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Quality: 2
    • Ease Of Use: 2
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    strange usb connector

posted by sjev1 on 10/15/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Cheap, small form factor. Aluminium casing is robust and good looking. The package includes all you need, even a screw driver.
    Cons:
    Normally you would encounter a mini-usb on the drive. This one has the same type of usb port as the pc, so youl always need to ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Worth it's weight in gold

posted by angrysausagedog on 06/28/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    • Very strong enclosure. • The price is awesome. • Great for rescuing important files from those old IDE drives. • Perfect of running live linux distros on any PC on the fly • Plug & play, no drivers needed • USB 2.0 - nice and fast • The duel socket ca...
    Cons:
    • There is no padding inside to shock protect your drives. I fixed this by wrapping one of those postal style red rubber bands ...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    one good purchase

posted by spenki on 03/07/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    - easy to assemble, you'll have a working S-ATA external drive in minutes. - very lite, nice looking enclosure
    Cons:
    - after months of use I can hear a rattle from inside of the enclosure, the side screws loosen up so the drive touches the encl...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works and its cheap

posted by minktheshrink on 01/06/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Very nice device. I had an extra 30GB drive that came out of an old laptop and it popped right in and was working. I have not had any trouble from the drive or the enclosure device at all.
    Cons:
    Does not come with a stand. I like External drives to be standing and while this doesnt matter in the least for the functionali...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Quality: 3
    • Usefulness: 1
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    IS NOT A "SATA" ENCLOSURE, IS AN "IDE" ENCLOSURE.-

posted by chiquiviveros on 10/12/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    I can't use because I have a SATA HDD, and the enclosure accepts IDE HDD.
    Cons:
    In the overview says: "Accepts all 2.5" hard disk (SATA only)".- In the specifications says: "PC Requiremen...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    easy to use product

posted by LokiDeth on 09/23/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Easy to use, even comes with its own screwdriver. assembly is less then 5 min (using a small child to do it in five min). Have one that i bought from another location just over a year ago that cost me over double the price.
    Cons:
    once the drive was in place to slide it in the enclosure you have to wiggle the drive (my experience). comes with a "tri" USB c...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 6
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections