DX  » Community » Reviews » NTSC Mini Surveillance AV Camera (628x582px)
Sort by:
27 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:4111 (41%)
  • 4 Star:5214 (52%)
  • 3 Star:72 (7%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great value mini camera

posted by Webmaestro on 03/23/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Great mini color camera for the price. Image quality is very acceptable for such a low price camera. Does not require a lot of light and has very good image when used outised in sunlight.
    Cons:
    Some video noise can be seen in the image but it is acceptable. The little plastic box which contains the regulator will get qu...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 2
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent for the price, OK overall

posted by KyleS on 03/21/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    The camera is compact, good enough color output for a security cam and works with a range of voltages, and will output a signal up to 628x582
    Cons:
    Two important cons: It's not very sensitive to IR light, compared to better cameras. The video is grainier, and has some dis...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    General info about this camera.

posted by GomerPyle2 on 03/02/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    I live in Australia (PAL system) and bought this just to see if it would work. A simple change in whatever video program you have from PAL to NTSC and you'll have a picture. It's not too bad, but just a bit grainy.
    Cons:
    I think the RCA plugs should have been male and not female. That's according to everything that I have to plug it into. Cable g...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great quality for the price

posted by deadice on 06/30/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - Small - easy to install, comes with a mounting bracket (although it is hard to access the screw holes) - great image quality (for a spy cam). - the price is unbelievable! - great for DIY home/work surveillance - image resolution is better than the actua...
    Cons:
    - would be better if it came black, so it would be easier to conceal, however you can always spray some spray paint over it (co...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Superb value for money

posted by ahwong on 02/22/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Very cheap, very easy to use.. CCD quality, comparable to my more expensive sony CCD, works well in low light.. Specification is provided.
    Cons:
    Quite hot, not sure if this is normal IR is a faked plastic Lens angle not wide enough No power adaptor included Construction i...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good buy

posted by lamppis on 09/22/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Very good for its price. Very nice price, local electronic store sells this one for 50 euros?!?!? I think that video quality is ok. Easy to connect to tv. (In this case to digital receiver.) Good microphone.
    Cons:
    Ir leds aren't soldered which I already knew. (Can't bother to solder them) Paint is falling off. Came without powersupply.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice small camera

posted by dealer33 on 08/25/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    This small surveillance camera is well built and feels solid. The image quality is totally okay for the price, just don't expect too much, but it is totally useable.
    Cons:
    The camera needs quite much light to work well, the infrared leds are not soldered so you need to solder them if you want to us...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good camera for this price, i am surprised

posted by sukavog on 07/09/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Very Cheap Good image quality Good Color Quality Very strong mic Good material quality Easy to install, just plug on power and on television.
    Cons:
    Poor image quality strong lighting Come without power supply.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap little camera

posted by shusting on 06/14/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Adjustable lens, flexible input power, very small size. NTSC res, with sound (not tested, but has the plug for it).
    Cons:
    Poor picture (if any) in low light. Very bright light results in washed video, a happy medium produces the best picture. IR LED...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great product

posted by BluPenguin on 05/19/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Great product.. used on my FPV aerial surveillance, lightweight after removing some useless protection metal... adjustable focus, interchangeable lens to wide angle. takes a lot of vibrators and survived a crash landing.
    Cons:
    IRs are not connected, although they are functional, and i got them to light with some soldering. there is no built in current ...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections