DX  » Community » Reviews » Goot Wick Soldering Remover (2.5mm x 1.5M)
Sort by:
22 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:5512 (55%)
  • 4 Star:368 (36%)
  • 3 Star:92 (9%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great

posted by Dark00 on 02/13/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - Works great, sucks all the solder - The width of 2.5mm works for both small and large sized solder spots that need to be sucked out - The price is reasonable, the 1.5m should last for quite some time if you are not using it constantly
    Cons:
    - Did not work without adding flux - took me some time to figure that out - While the dispenser/case holds the wire well, the -...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 2
    • Usefulness: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Novice user here.

posted by Grantly on 11/21/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Braided copper wire. As stated in the description.... that is accurate.
    Cons:
    Just didn't do the job that it is supposed to do. I did say at the beginning I am a novice user in this area. I generally just ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Reasonably good copper solder braid

posted by OzTrev on 09/09/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    o Very cheap price compared to local prices for the same thing! o Very handy for sucking up solder when desoldering components or just cleaning up a the pins of a surface mount integrated circuit with fine pitch. o Free planet wide transportation :-)
    Cons:
    o As others have noted, I do not believe that this copper desoldering braid contains ANY flux at all - I've never noticed any a...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good solder wick

posted by meganote on 07/30/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Very easy to use. The best cost-effective solder wick in my opinion. Not the world's best but very good for its price. I recommend it. Use it for common soldering removal and also for BGA solder cleaning. This is the real deal, not a fake like some ebay sel...
    Cons:
    No cons.
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good for the price

posted by Chryseus on 07/17/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    The best thing about this solder wick is that it is very cheap in comparison to well known brands of solder wick, the build quality is also pretty decent as I expected.
    Cons:
    Although it says it contains flux I have noticed it does not suck up solder too well, perhaps it is my soldering iron but it se...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Made in Japan!

posted by dexuser on 07/08/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    - Made in Japan - It really sucks up solder very well - Very high quality product - Suitable for helping to remove stubborn capacitors on computer motherboards and other surface-mounted components on a circuit board - If used sparingly, it should be abl...
    Cons:
    - None in my case
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good quality desoldering wick

posted by v14d4m1r on 01/01/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    For the price, it's very high quality. If you were to pay this much at a retail store, you'd get useless junk. The flux helps a lot.
    Cons:
    It's a little tricky to use effectively, but that's pretty much true of all desoldering tools.
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good desoldering wick

posted by GordonGecco on 04/30/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Low cost wick that does the job. Saturated with no-clean RMA flux.
    Cons:
    There are better brands available (but they also cost more).
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Pretty good soldering wick

posted by Otatiaro on 01/19/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    It's a pretty good soldering wick. Not as efficient as pre-tinned wick but very usable.
    Cons:
    When used alone, it's not that good at catching solder because it's only copper. I use it along with some home-made flux (based...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    a review for Goot Desoldering Wick Remover (2.5mm

posted by Jule553648 on 08/08/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Great soldering wick. Very cheap and very useful for desoldering large components from a PCB board. Ti sucks solder very good. It's build quality is very good. Package is great, so it doesnt fly around the table.
    Cons:
    You need to practice a little to use it properly. Then there is no solder point that cannot be removed! No other cons here.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections