DX  » Community » Reviews » Deluxe VOIP Headset with Microphone (Random Color)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Amazing for the price – Deluxe VOIP Headset with Microphone (Random Color) Reviews

posted by adamjon858 on 08/19/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
Wow, these are great little headphones for the price. I can't believe that dealextreme sells them for so cheap and still makes a profit somehow.
I've been using these for 3 months now without any problems. They've primarily been used for gaming (BF2) and as such, high quality headphones were not required (I play game sounds through my 5.1 speakers and all voice sound goes through my headset/mic).
Not only is it a full headset but it also comes with a nice little volume knob that I use every once in a while.
Sound seems superb for rip off chinese headphones (they say Dicsong...instead of discsong lol).
I have $30 headphones and these sound better, not better than my $150 wireless headphones, but much better than the $30 ones.
Bass comes in very good for budget headphones.
Cons:
It's rather hard to bend the mic up and out of the way if you don't want to talk on it or want to listen to music.
You can also feel the inner speakers vibrate when listening to music at 75%. I actually think it's more soothing on the ears. I've played approx. 300 hrs of sound through these without a hitch so I don't doubt the build quality is to blame.
Not for audiophiles but good enough for the above average user.
Other:
Bottomline:
If your looking for a good headset for gaming or even some occasional music. VOIP/Skype is great on this as Skype sounds the same no matter how good your headphones are.
Buy it.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections