DX  » Community » Reviews » Waterproof 720P 5M Pixel CMOS Vehicle Mount Video Recorder/Camcorder w/ Red Laser/HDMI/TV-Out/SD
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Good stuff for good value – Waterproof 720P 5M Pixel CMOS Vehicle Mount Video Recorder/Camcorder w/ Red Laser/HDMI/TV-Out/SD Reviews

posted by ada444 on 01/19/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
- Beautiful picture when viewing angle includes very bright areas in contrast with darker (snow with clear sky).
- Robust body of camera with easy control.
Cons:
- Really quiet microphone. Contrasts with loudly noise from buttons handling.
- Included battery self-discharges very quickly. After 1 week of charging and not using, it was fully discharged.
- I was unable to charge battery in included external charger. Charging inside camera works fine.
- Plastic mounts are made from extremely brittle plastic, it breaks very easily (in my case at home during setting up).
- When scene contain area with similar brightness (e.g. wood, landscape with cloudy sky), it is overexposed and very bright. But someone could like it.
- My packaging didn't include car charger.
Other:
- Stored data are in XviD codec with very reasonable quality settings.
- Good improvement would be the presence of manual exposure value setting.
Bottomline:
Good stuff with good price. Unfortunately, it has some bugs that protect it from being excellent.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections