Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
- Build quality is quite good, nearly all the important parts are made of metal.
- additional spare part (pick holder+screws) included
- battery capacity is enough for a lot of locks
- you can adjust the strength
- overall: works good, a skilled user should be able to open most locks in less than 10s
- each pick is included only once, even the most important (flat) one.
- only one tension wrench included
- the bayonet like mount of the heads has sharp edges, each time you change the head you will chip off a little plastic.
- the eccentric on the motor is made of plastic, looking at it after some hours of use I think this will be the first part that fails.
I really would appreciate if DX would offer replacement parts, especially the picks.
Dont expect this thing to be some kind of magic lock opener.
I was quite good at picking locks manually and with bump keys before, but I must admit it took some time before I could use this gun.
You should also get a dedicated lock rather than practicing with your front door, electronic pick guns will always leave a lot of traces or might even damage the lock.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.