View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Great. In fact, better than I expected – Spoke Wrench for Bicycles Repair Reviews

posted by benutne on 09/07/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Man, this thing is CHEAP. And it is really well made. I figured it would be a poor quality metal like some flimsy steel. It is every bit as quality as the Park Tool of similar design but fits even more spokes. It is made from some cast steel and then chromed to cut down on rust. I was planning on using this in my travel bag to do on the road repairs but the extra functionality over my Park Tool means the Park will go into the travel bag and this will go in the toolbox.
Cons:
None. Seriously, none at all. I wish I had purchased this before my Park Tool spoke wrench. I'd have bought another if I had.
Other:
The nicer spoke wrenches that come in a single size and have smooth rubber handles are much nicer if you're actually wheelbuilding or a professional bike mechanic. If you just want something to have as a hobbyist or weekend mechanic, buy this instead. I have the nice tools, both the Park multitool and a set of three single size spoke wrenches and I would use those if available. However, had I bought this first, I'd have never gotten the professional tools.
Bottomline:
There is no reason NOT to buy this. Even if you already have a nicer spoke wrench or multitool. This thing is great as a backup or even as your main spoke wrench.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections